Sunday, March 12, 2017

Malala likely to get admission in Oxford after completing A-levels




Malala Yousafzai has expressed her interest in studying at a British university and is likely to be granted admission in Oxford University soon, The Telegraph reported.
If the youngest Nobel laureate manages to achieve the grades for an AAA offer, she will be studying Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, which her inspiration, former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, had also studied.
She had earlier revealed that she was thinking of studying politics at Stanford University, California, but it turns out that the young activist has changed her plans. Malala will now take A-levels in history, maths, religious studies and geography and complete her studies in Great Britain.
“I’m studying right now. I’m in year 13. I have my A-Level exams coming and I have received a conditional offer which is three A’s so I need to get the three A’s. That is my focus right now,” she said while addressing the Association of School and College Lecturers on Saturday. “I have applied to study PPE so for the next three years I will be studying that. But other than that I want to stay focussed on my Malala Fund work,” Malala added.
She was invited for an interview in Oxford last December which she said was “the hardest interview of my life” while also adding, “I just get scared when I think of the interview.
Malala came into the international spotlight after Taliban attacked her in Swat for campaigning for girls’ education. She received a bullet injury to her head but successfully recovered after undergoing a surgery in Britain.
At seventeen, Malalai became the youngest Nobel laureate ever. At a young age, she also cofounded the Malala Fund to secure girls the right to a minimum of 12 years of quality schooling.
She has lived with her family in Birmingham since 2012 after they moved to the UK, fearing more attacks by the Taliban.

No comments: