http://www.wcnc.com/

M WAQAR..... "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." --Albert Einstein !!! NEWS,ARTICLES,EDITORIALS,MUSIC... Ze chi pe mayeen yum da agha pukhtunistan de.....(Liberal,Progressive,Secular World.)''Secularism is not against religion; it is the message of humanity.'' تل ده وی پثتونستآن
http://www.wcnc.com/
U.S. President Barack Obama urged Japan on Friday to settle disputes over the issue of women, mostly Koreans, who were forced to provide sex to Imperial troops in Japan’s wartime military brothels, calling it a “terrible” human rights violation. “This was a terrible and egregious violation of human rights,” Obama said at a joint press conference with South Korean President Park Geun-hye following their summit at the Blue House presidential office in Seoul. Many women who were forced to work in the military brothels, euphemistically called “comfort women” in Japan, were from the Korean Peninsula.Disputes over the issue, particularly the role played by the Japanese military and, more recently, demands for official compensation for the women, have strained ties between Japan and South Korea. Obama said the victims deserved to be “heard” and “respected.” “There should be an accurate and clear account of what happened,” he said. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe accepts that the past has to be recognized “honestly and fairly,” Obama said. It is in the interests of both Japan and the Korean people to find ways to soothe the heartache and pain of such women, Obama said. Obama said, “My hope would be that we can honestly resolve some of these past tensions but also keep our eye on the future and the possibilities of peace and prosperity for all people.” Obama brokered the first meeting between Abe and Park since they took office in 2012 and 2013, respectively, in The Hague in March, hoping an improvement in relations between Tokyo and Seoul will help the United States deal with regional issues including North Korea’s nuclear ambitions. Abe said his government will stick to the government’s 1993 apology noting the pain of the victims and the military’s involvement in running the brothels. The apology was expressed in a statement issued by then-Chief Cabinet Secretary Yohei Kono. In 1995, Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama expressed an apology for the suffering Japan inflicted on other Asian countries before and during World War II. “Before holding the summit, the Japanese leader had made many promises such as inheriting the Murayama statement and Kono statement and working hard to take sincere actions for former comfort women,” Park said. “We should not lose the momentum of the meeting of South Korea, the United States and Japan and it’s not necessary to do a lot of talking, but Prime Minister Abe should sincerely keep promises he made,” she said. During trilateral talks in the Netherlands, Abe and Park agreed to reactivate bilateral dialogue and both governments held senior working-level talks on disputes over the comfort women issue earlier this month.
http://voiceofrussia.com/UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has reiterated his call for the implementation of the Geneva agreements on Ukraine and expects all the conflicting parties to cease futile actions and resume diplomatic efforts. Ban warned that any attempt to seek a military solution to the political crisis in Ukraine would be a grave mistake, Ban's spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters on Friday. Military actions must be avoided at all costs, Ban said, otherwise the situation might spin out of control. The secretary general is concerned that 'situation could spin out of control with grave and unpredictable consequences.' The spokesman said that the UN chief reiterates his call to all sides to abide by agreements reached in Geneva. "He expects all sides to understand that the time is of the essence and therefore seize all unhelpful actions and instead reengage diplomatically to ensure full implementation now," Dujarric said. Pro-federalization rallies have not been abating in eastern Ukrainian cities of Donetsk, Kharkiv and Luhansk since March. Protests later spread to more cities in the Donetsk region, including Kramatorsk and Slavyansk. In a bid to ease the mounting tensions, top diplomats from Russia, Ukraine, the United States and the European Union brokered an agreement in Geneva on April 17, calling on all sides to refrain from violence, disarm illegal armed groups and start negotiations on a constitutional reform. The Ukrainian government announced last week the launch of a special anti-terrorist operation providing for the use of military force against demonstrators. Moscow called the decision to use force against protesters an extremely dangerous development of events. Kiev-controlled military units announced 'a second phase' of the military operation, intended to block access to the rebel city of Slavyansk. Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_04_25/UN-chief-says-use-of-military-force-in-Ukraine-a-mistake-3443/
ASIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSIONMr. Zahid Baloch alias Baloch Khan, the chairman of the Baloch Student Organisation Azad (BSO-A) was arrested from the secret hideout in the suburbs of Quetta city, the capital of Balochistan province, on 18 March by persons in plain clothes who identified themselves as being from the ISI. They were accompanied by uniformed FC men. He was holding a meeting of the members of the executive committee of the BSO-A. The ISI personnel raided the meeting place and arrested Baloch. They told the participants that since the BSO-A is a banned organisation therefore the meeting is illegal. The question must be asked as to why, if the organisation is banned then why did they not arrest all of the participants? In fact, they had been following Baloch for some time with the intention of arresting him. The BSO-A was banned in 2012 by the federal ministry of interior on the charges of being a terrorist organisation. After his arrest the people there protested and persons from the FC pointed their weapons towards the students and threw Baloch in the four-wheel double cabin vehicle. They told the students that they can contact the police station. The family members of Baloch Khan and his friends went everywhere to search for him. They had not made his arrest public on the advice of his family for the reason that he would be killed like other Baloch students. After one month, on 18 April, the acting chairperson of the BSO-A, Miss Kareema Baloch, along with other student leaders of the organisation held a press conference and informed the media about his disappearance after his arrest. She told the media that Pakistani secret agencies and security forces abducted the organisation’s Chairman, Zahid Baloch aka Baloch Khan from Quetta on March 18, 2014 at 5pm and that this had been witnessed by herself and other members. They apprehended that Baloch khan must be going through severe torture and intelligence persons will kill him like other Baloch people during the illegal detention and his bullet riddled body will be dumped on the road as is the usual practice of the secret agencies. BSO-A has decided to sit on a hunger strike against the abduction of their leader outside the Karachi press club. The protest will continue until the safe recovery of Zahid Baloch. The 20 students including some ladies have joined the hunger strike. One of the student leaders has announced he is on a hunger strike unto death. Mr. Baloch Khan told the BBC that he will be arrested in coming days and will also be killed extrajudicially like other Balochs. For further details, please watch the video. Meanwhile the Baloch Republican Party, also a banned organisation, says that in Turbat city, Pakistan security forces have raided houses in the Dasht area and killed Jangyan Baloch on 18 April at midnight. Forces claimed that Mr Jangyan was involved in attacks on security forces but the family denied the allegations and said they had no link with any armed or political party. More Details: http://www.humanrights.asia/news/urgent-appeals/AHRC-UAC-062-2014
Express NewsFour people were killed while 20 others sustained injuries in an explosion in the Delhi Colony area of Karachi, Express News reported on Friday. The injured have been taken to local hospitals. The blast took place outside a mosque and a carpet showroom was reportedly the target of the attack. Several cars, including two state vehicles, were damaged in the explosion. Chief Minister Sindh Qaim Ali Shah has requested the IGP for a report on the incident. Eye witnesses said a suicide bomber detonated explosives near the cars. The exact nature of the explosion, however, could not be confirmed at the moment. A heavy contingent of police and Rangers officer has reached the blast site and cordoned off the area.
BY CHARLOTTE KENNEDY
A Christian man in his twenties was reportedly shot and killed by a Muslim co-worker in Pakistan after refusing to convert to Islam, Pakistani and Christian news sites are reporting. The incident, which occurred last Wednesday, came on the heels of a new study which reported that hundreds of Christian and Hindu women in Pakistan are forced to convert to Islam every year. The 22-year-old named Haroon began a new job as a cleaner at a bank in Lahore just days before his death, according to the reports. That’s where he began working with a Muslim security guard identified as Umer Farooq. “Farooq mocked Haroon’s Christian faith on a daily basis” and tried to convince him to embrace Islam, Pakistan Christian Post reported.The British advocacy group the Center for Legal Aid and Settlement (CLAAS), which monitors persecution of Christians in Pakistan, said in a statement that Farooq had promised Haroon a life of luxury and marriage to a wealthy Muslim woman if only he would convert. According to various reports, Haroon refused. When Haroon went to work on April 16, the conversation over faith again resumed, CLAAS said. Again hearing his colleague refused to convert away from Christianity, Farooq reportedly then shot Haroon in the head. Christian Today reported that Farooq later said Haroon had tried to kill himself. The Religious Freedom Coalition reported the security guard had also told police his co-worker – the father of two young children – had “looked depressed.” But Haider Masih, father of the deceased, was quoted by the Religious Freedom Coalition saying his son “was a lively young man” who had shown no signs of depression. The British monitoring group CLAAS said that while police took the guard into custody, they did not file the documentation known as a First Information Report necessary to proceed with a criminal case in Pakistan. The local Christian community later protested at the police station, after which the paperwork was reportedly filed. The case is currently under investigation with the suspect still in police custody. Nasir Saeed, director of CLAAS-UK, said, “Justice must be seen to be done and Farooq must be charged with murder, and punished for killing Haroon, just because he refused to forsake his faith and bow to the pressure being placed on him.” Earlier this month, a report issued by the Pakistani human rights group the Movement for Solidarity and Peace estimated that about 1,000 Christian and Hindu girls and women between the ages of 12 and 25 in Pakistan each year are forced to convert away from their faiths and marry Muslim men. Christian Today called the study “extremely alarming,” because Christians – who make up less than 5% of the population – are such a small minority in the majority Muslim country. Earlier this month, a Pakistani Christian couple was sentenced to death after being accused of sending a text message to a local Muslim leader insulting the prophet Mohammed. The couple has denied the charges and says they will appeal.
GEO TVPolice investigation team on Thursday recorded statement of Hamid Mir, Geo News reported. In the statement, Mir provided details of his arrival at Karachi airport, attack on him and reaching the hospital. The probe team including SSP Investigation and other police officers recorded the detailed statement of Mir for nearly an hour. Police recorded two-page statement under section 161 and 162. Hamid Mir said as soon as he reached at Jinnah bridge from airport he heard bullet sounds. “I felt some pain in the stomach after window of my vehicle smashed”, he said. Mir said his drive took him to Agha Khan hospital in critical condition, adding he only remembered that he was got into the stretcher.