Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pakistan:Father of Christian girl victim of rape by Muslims threatens to commit suicide if justice not ensured

LAHORE:Christian leaders presented a 14 years Christian girl, student of class 7, before media in Lahore Press club to tell horrifying incident of abduction and rape of this Christian girl that government may step forward to arrest Muslim culprits to ensure justice. The father of victim girl, who is illiterate told media representative that “Today I want to draw your kind attention on the unpleasant incident of the kidnapping and rape of my innocent daughter Humera aged 14, student of class 7th. Through this press conference I also demanded the Chief Justice of Pakistan and the High officials in the ruling government to take stern action against the rapists and ensure that the justice will be done. On July 13, 2013 in between 05:00pm to 06:00pm my daughter Humera was alone at home and was kidnapped by Zubair for the purpose to commit rape. The accused shifted her at undisclosed location and raped her on gun point for several hours. I along with relatives was worried about the whereabouts of my daughter Humera and started searching here and there. While I was searching for my daughter and later informed by Pervaiz Masih and Samson Masih that Zubair & Murtaza riding on the motor bikes taking Humera along with them and striding out towards the neighboring village Adha 367/EB. They also informed that my daughter was secretly put out of sight some here at the Bashir Memorial Trust. I along with my relatives and respectable in the local village council politely asked the accused Zubair & Murtaza for the safe return of Humera but the accused denied for the custody of Humera neither admit her kidnapping. Later near about 10:00pm I along with relatives went to the Bashir Memorial Trust and the moment we reached in the compound the accused Zubair and Murtaza escaped from the place of occurrence and I found my daughter naked and in critical condition. Immediately we covered her and she informed that the accused Zubair and Murtaza on gun point raped and sexually assaulted her severely. The accused also threatened and forced me for compromise and prohibited me for not to take any legal action against the accused. The accused person’s by attention delayed in the registration of case FIR. The Accused Zubair is cable operator by profession while the co-accused Murtaza is land lord in the vicinity and linked surrounding areas and has repute in the district. The accused party is influential and the police are following their instructions. Whereas on 15-07-2013 I went to the area police station Gago Mandi for the registration of criminal case FIR under kidnapping and rape against the accuse persons. The police was biased and even was not ready to listen my plea. Finally, after the strong resistance and agitation of my relatives the police got registered a criminal case FIR No. 529/13 offence under section 365-B and 376 (ii) of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) against accused Zubair and Murtaza at the Police Station Gago Mandi, District Vasari. The police have arrested accused Zubair and have obtained four day remand and the other accused namely Murtaza with the help of police has obtained on month pre-arrest bail starting with 15-07-2013 till 13-08-2013. According to the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) the offences are non-compoundable and at this stage one month’s pre-arrest bail and release of accused is unjustified. The story of barbarism has not been ended and the doctors at the authorized local government’s hospital has joined hands with the accused party and has prepared bogus medico legal report. According to the medical report the doctors has falsely declared that victim Humera is habitual and nothing has happened with her neither the accused has raped Humera. I have a question in my mind that instead of helping my daughter to get justice, why the police, local political leadership, doctors and the law enforcement agencies are against my daughter? The accused party also influential and has strong political background and the local political leaders of the ruling party are backing the accused persons. The police are also giving favor to the accused party while misbehaving with all of us. The father of the victim Christian girl presented following demands;
1. I am appealing to the President of Pakistan, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Chief Justice of Pakistan, Chief Minister Punjab, Law Minister and relevant institutions for justice and demanding unsympathetic punishments for the nominated accused. 2. The local police has joined hands with the accused party and demanded the government to initiate the inquiry again and demanding for the composition of district level medical board for complete medical examination for my daughter. 3. I want to ask the Prime Minister of Pakistan that why the local political representative of your political party are backing the accused party and protecting Zubair and Mustafa (the rapists). 4. The accused party and their well wishers have warned that if I will not compromise or to will not withdraw the FIR, the Christian proprieties will be attacked and churches will be set into fires. The accused are influential and has strong political background and threatening me and my family for life and warning for the dire consequences. If I will be failed to get justice I along with my wife and children will commit suicide at the front of the residence of Main Muhammad Naas Sharif (Prime Minister of Pakistan). I want justice and please consider my daughter as your daughter and take stern against the responsible so that the accused rapists may not able to disgrace any woman. I thank all of you for your kind attention and consideration Sohail Johnson (Chairman Sharing Life Ministry Pakistan), victim Humera, Rasheed Masih (aggrieved father Humera), Bishop Yahoo Paul (Chairman Pakistan Christian Party), Aslam Pervaiz Sahotra (Chairman Human Liberation Commission), Nadeem Anthony Advocate (Program Manager SLMP), Yousaf Karman (Field in charge SLMP), Shaleem Samson (Volunteer SLMP) and Salem Shaker (Social Worker

No comments: