Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Clinton Says Biden Has 'Very Difficult' Decision About 2016 Run




Hillary Clinton said Vice President Joe Biden has a "very difficult decision" to make about a 2016 presidential run and pledged to continue her campaign as normal in spite of speculation about another potential Democratic opponent.
Clinton reiterated that she has "a great deal of admiration and affection" for Biden, but wants him to make the right choice for him and his family following son Beau Biden's death earlier this year. Clinton, who attended Beau Biden's funeral, said she couldn't begin to imagine the "grief and heartbreak" Biden has experienced.
"He has to do what he has to do but I'm just going to continue with my campaign," Clinton said in Ankeny, Iowa today.
"I always thought this would be a competitive campaign. I don't think anybody should have thought otherwise and I'm going to run as hard as I can, trying to convince as many people as possible to support me and earn all the votes that I can in the caucuses and primaries."
Secretary of agriculture and former governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack also emphasized his love and admiration for Biden, but said he will stand with Clinton "until the last dog dies." Vilsack endorsed Clinton in an op-ed yesterday and stressed that the timing of his endorsement had nothing to do with the possibility of a Biden run.
Whether Biden runs or not, Clinton said, "I'm going to be running for president regardless." 

No comments: