Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pakistan - Makhdoom Amin Fahim clarifies reports of his not being consulted in nomination of vice president PPPP

http://mediacellppp.wordpress.com/

My attention has been drawn to a newsreport saying that I was neither informed nor consulted before the nomination of Ms. Sherry Rehman as vice president of the PPPP of which I am the President.I wish to clarify that appointments in the PPPP are made by broad based consultation. 
As the need for a woman vice president of the Party was felt for a long time informal consultations have been held at various levels from time to time for the appointment of a woman vice president. The consultative process led to the nomination of Ms. Sherry Rehman as vice president. 
When finally the notification was issued in accordance with the laiddown procedure I was travelling and it escaped my attention.
As President of the PPPP I am and have been, as it should be, part of the consultative process in making nominations to posts, including that of vice president, in the Party.

No comments: