Saturday, June 19, 2010

She was burnt alive

Here is a letter,published in the frontier post of ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN...........COUNTRY OF CHAMPIONS OF ISLAM,FORT OF ISLAM. The Frontier Post bY Muhammad Ashraf Khan 0345-8912524 It is sad and gloomy story of my younger daughter Saeqa. She was 20. She met a fatal incident about 10 days back when she was burnt alive by an influential family of my village Munasa, Tehsil Dheer Kot, Azad Kashmir. My village is situated at a distance of 160 kilometres from Islamabad and 35 kilometres from Muzaffarabad, Capital of Azad Kashmir on way to Bagh and Rawalakot. You may have listened about Kohala Bridge. My village is just six kilometres from Kohala. My daughter Saeqa was misbehaved in a dark night 10 days back. I being a paralyzed person kept listening her cries while she was facing cruelty of an influential person namely Kazim Khan and his two sons. They played with her for an hour and before leaving my house they set her ablaze. They even locked her in a room and there was no person to rescue her from that late night operation. However, her cries forced some villagers to come to her rescue. She was severely wounded. They shifted her to the Combined Military Hospital, Muzaffarabad where she was kept under treatment for next one week but she lost her life. She was laid to rest at Munasa. I could not see her off personally because I was unable to move. Local people demanded arrest of theculprits but again their influence helped them to save their skins from police chains. They are still free and threatening me as well as my other family members. They are being backed by the white collar criminal elite of Azad Kashmir headed by the present ruling party. My family members approached the Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir Raja Farooq Haider to make sure arrest of culprits but till date he was unable to do so. They are still at large. They are addressing press conferences while I am unable to move from my death bed. I take this opportunity to just ask all justice loving people to come forward not only for allowing law of the land to take its course of action but to save my remaining family as well. Saved from: http://www.thefrontierpost.com/News.aspx?ncat=le&nid=1686&ad=19-06-201 Dated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, Rajab 06, 1431 A.H

No comments: